June 2022 – Recipe of the month
Why not try this delicious summer dessert…
Alfonso mango brulé, coconut crème fraiche with bergamot zest and tajin
2 ripe Alfonso mango
200g caster sugar
200g coconut crème fraiche
1 x bergamot
1 tsp tajin seasoning
- Gently peel mango.
- Following the line of the stone cut each side off in one piece.
- Lay mango pieces on a tray and sprinkle each with 50g of sugar.
- Using a blow torch or grill, melt tops of mango until all the sugar has turned to caramel, allow to cool slightly.
- Place a piece of mango on the plate followed by a spoon of the crème fraiche.
- Zest some bergamot onto the mango and crème fraiche.
- Sprinkle ¼ tsp of tajin over the mango and crème fraiche.
- Garnish with fresh wood sorrel or baby mint leaves.